Wednesday, August 27, 2008

(Almost) On The Way to Cape May...

Yesterday morning, Mama & Papa Ru came down to Rehoboth beach to have breakfast with Jon & I.

Mama Ru also reunited me with my phone, which I stupidly left at their house in Dover, Delaware. We took The Parents Ru back to the Bewitched Bed & Breakfast, along with the nail & hook they brought with them, so that Jon could repair the damage done during the Great Bombay Fiasco of 2008:

Jon carefully aligns the nail and hook...

...as his proud parents watch.

Success!

Having fixed our room, we said goodbye to the Bewitched Bed & Breakfast and took a little time to wander the neighborhood again with the Parents Ru:
A Rare Picassaraptor™


It's Christmas all Year Round in Rehoboth! And Halloween as well, apparently.

Bam's Mom will be signing her new book in Rehoboth! I'm VERYsorry I'll be missing it.

Beachy Rus!

Afterwards, Jon and I stopped in a local K-mart to pick up a duffel bag. While an angry, elderly woman named Tootsie rang up my purchase, Jon noticed a little bit of dried blood coming from just below my lip. I'm not really sure how it happened. Did I sustain a crab-related injury from the night before? Or is there a Flesh Eating Disease ravaging Rehoboth? Whatever the case may be, I wiped it off just as Tootsie handed over a receipt for me to sign.

Tootsie snarled: "Are you gonna use my pen now?" I laughed, but she was deadly serious. She did not want whatever infectious disease was causing my spontaneous bleeding.

Without another choice, I did, in fact, use Tootsie's pen, which I placed back on the counter. The scowl on her face grew as she stared at the infected pen sitting on the counter as Jon and I took our purchases and left.

I'm sure that pen is still there, waiting for a Hazmat crew to investigate.

Afterwards, Jon and I headed off to the Cape May/Lewis Ferry to begin our Wildwood/Cape May adventure!



Which, since we're already running late to get to NYC, you'll just have to read about later...


Have a nice day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tootsie is no fool. She KNOWS to fear you and your Morgellon's!!